If you want to liven up your daily coffee ritual, then step away from the drip or single serve brewer for a day. Give one of these alternate coffee routes a try; they will have your coffee-lovin’ taste buds giving you a pat on the back!
1) French Press Coffee
- Bring water to a boil. Wait 1-2 minutes so it cools slightly.
- Grind your coffee beans, aiming for a coarse grind. Use two tablespoons of ground coffee for every 1 cup of water.
- Pour the ground coffee into the French press. Pour water evenly over grounds and stir to make sure the hot water gets to every bit. Stir to make sure all the grounds are immersed in the water and to help with the extraction of the delicious oils and compounds. Steep for 4 minutes.
- Press down on the plunger evenly and slowly.
- Pour and enjoy!
2) Cold Brew Coffee – Two Ways
Cold Brew Coffee Recipe No. 1:
With our Law Coffee Cold Brew Filter Bags, it’s easy to make cold brew coffee. Simply soak our filter bag in cold water over night and voila! You have Cold Brew Coffee.
- 1 (4oz) Law’s Cold Brew
- Filter Bag
- 32oz filtered water
- Milk, Sweetener if desired
Cold Brew Coffee Recipe No. 2:
- 1/2 pound coarsely ground coffee beans
- 4 1/2 cups cold water
- Coffee filters
Put coffee grounds in a large container. Slowly pour water over the grounds. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and steep at room temperature for 18 to 24 hours. Line a strainer with several layers of cheesecloth and place atop a pitcher; strain coffee through the cheesecloth into the pitcher. Discard the grounds. To get a clearer brew, strain coffee again through coffee filters. Store in refrigerator.
*Note: If you don’t have a cheesecloth, you can substitute with a coffee filter, paper towel or linen dishcloth.
3) Law’s Iced Coffee
- Law’s Dark Roast Coffee
Brew a full pot of laws dark roast coffee. Allow it to sit at room temperature or refrigerate for about 12 hours or overnight. Pour over ice. Add your favorite flavored syrup, sweetener of your choice and/or milk.
Note: If coffee is too strong for your taste, you can dilute it with water.